Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Solitary Bird

"The conditions of a solitary bird are five: First, that it flies to the highest point. Second, that it does not suffer for company, not even of its own kind. Third, that it aims its beak to the sky. Fourth, that it does not have a definite color. Fifth, that it sings very softly."

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would argue for a sixth condition: the solemn silence of death that makes others notice its missing voice.

We may think we're alone, but people take notice of us even if we don't know it.
Why are they silent while we're around?
Why do they speak of us when we're gone?

Girl In A Tree said...

I think I like your sixth condition better than the first five.

How've you been, friend?

Anonymous said...

Lately I've been quite the busy one. I look forward to less excessive writing on obscure topics once the semester is done; at least until next semester!